Welcome! We are so glad you are checking out Gethsemane Church of Christ! Gethsemane is a non-denominational Christian Church where God’s Word is used as the guide, and foundation for all that we pursue. This is a place where children, teens and adults all find engaging ways to worship in a welcoming community.
- We provide a loving nursery, a friendly environment, and fun, safe children’s programs.
- We provide engaging worship and community-based opportunities for our teens to grow and serve.
- We’re a church that believes in the importance of community, of finding a place where you can connect with others and pursue your spiritual walk.
- Gethsemane partners with compassion ministries in central Virginia and around the globe in order to love people beyond reason by serving them.
- We are real people living out our purposes in Christ. “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do” (Ephesians 2:10).
- We value the working of the Holy Spirit and the power of prayer as we accept the personal responsibility to be God’s hands and feet in the world.
- We value relationships over religion. We know that authentic relationships can only take place as we remove our religious masks.
- We value growth. We acknowledge that God is able to do even more than we can ask or imagine. God calls ordinary people to accomplish extraordinary things.
If you come to a worship service, stop by the Welcome Desk. We'll be glad to answer your questions and show you around.